By P. Kumar Mehta,Paulo J. M. Monteiro
THE such a lot entire AND present advisor TO THE homes, habit, AND know-how OF CONCRETE
This completely up-to-date variation comprises new info on:
- Recently equipped development initiatives worldwide
- Shrinkage-reducing admixtures
- Self-consolidating concrete, pervious concrete, inner curing, and different state of the art innovations
- Modeling of ice formation and alkali-aggregate response in concrete
- Environmental impression of concrete
Each bankruptcy starts off with a preview of the contents and ends with a self-test and a consultant for additional studying. greater than three hundred drawings and images illustrate the themes mentioned during this definitive textual content on concrete.
Comprehensive assurance includes:
- Microstructure of concrete
- Dimensional stability
- Hydraulic cements
- Proportioning concrete mixtures
- Concrete at early age
- Nondestructive methods
- Progress in concrete technology
- Advances in concrete mechanics
- Global warming and urban within the future
Read or Download Concrete: Microstructure, Properties, and Materials (Mechanical Engineering) PDF
Best construction technology books
This significant new booklet, the 1st of its variety within the hearth safeguard box, discusses the industrial difficulties confronted by way of decision-makers within the parts of fireside security and hearth precautions. the writer considers the theoretical facets of cost-benefit research and different suitable financial issues of useful functions to fireside safeguard platforms.
This moment version of layout of Structural Steelwork provides the fundamental layout facets of metal as a structural fabric. it's been conscientiously revised and up to date to supply a latest advent to the topic, assuming just a uncomplicated wisdom of structural research and stable mechanics.
Initially released via the Danish criteria Institute, this consultant to the EN 1504 criteria addresses the rules, equipment, and the alternative of fix fabrics and platforms for the rehabilitation of broken concrete constructions. the criteria not just offer a standard set of values for the but additionally aid the development of offer chain integration and professional inputs within the early layout phases of tasks, the place this is often most useful.
This can be the 1st accomplished research of the economic sourcing and procurement practices all through sixty-eight building offer channels throughout seven significant commodity sectors in any respect degrees. London provides real-world case stories to combine idea and perform to explain the industrial structural and behavioural features of sectors indispensable to the development functionality.
- Handbuch der Oberflächenbearbeitung Beton: Bearbeitung - Eigenschaften - Prüfung (Bauhandbuch) (German Edition)
- Sustainable Solar Housing: Volume 1 - Exemplary Buildings and Technologies: Vol. 1
- Concrete Repair: A Practical Guide
- Durability of Building Sealants (Rilem Proceedings)
Extra resources for Concrete: Microstructure, Properties, and Materials (Mechanical Engineering)
Concrete: Microstructure, Properties, and Materials (Mechanical Engineering) by P. Kumar Mehta,Paulo J. M. Monteiro