By Yan Li,Shuxia Ren
The ebook starts through contemplating the most varieties of ornamental fabric and the actual, mechanical and different houses they require. It then discusses varieties and capability makes use of of ornamental stone fabrics corresponding to marble, granite, slate or gypsum. It then is going directly to talk about the methods cement and urban can be utilized for ornamental impact, prior to contemplating the position of ceramics in such parts as tiling. the subsequent chapters evaluate ornamental glass for home windows or facades, metals and wooden ahead of assessing polymer fabrics comparable to plastics and textiles. the ultimate workforce of chapters speak about coatings, together with waterproofing fabrics, multi-functional fabrics used for such reasons as soundproofing and thermal insulation, and using extra sustainable ornamental materials.
Building ornamental fabrics is an invaluable reference for architects, civil engineers and people learning civil or structural engineering.
- Reviews the complete diversity of fabrics on hand for either the outside and inside of constructions and their strength purposes past traditional uses
- Considers the most varieties of ornamental fabric and the actual, mechanical and different homes they require because the function of sustainable materials
- Discusses varieties and power makes use of of ornamental stone fabrics akin to marble, granite, slate or gypsum and explores how cement and urban can be utilized for ornamental effect
Read or Download Building Decorative Materials (Woodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering) PDF
Similar construction technology books
This significant new publication, the 1st of its style within the fireplace security box, discusses the commercial difficulties confronted through decision-makers within the components of fireside defense and hearth precautions. the writer considers the theoretical points of cost-benefit research and different proper fiscal issues of functional purposes to fireside defense structures.
This moment version of layout of Structural Steelwork offers the fundamental layout elements of metal as a structural fabric. it's been rigorously revised and up-to-date to supply a latest advent to the topic, assuming just a simple wisdom of structural research and good mechanics.
Initially released through the Danish criteria Institute, this advisor to the EN 1504 criteria addresses the foundations, tools, and the alternative of fix fabrics and structures for the rehabilitation of broken concrete constructions. the factors not just supply a standard set of values for the but in addition aid the development of offer chain integration and expert inputs within the early layout phases of initiatives, the place this is most valuable.
This can be the 1st accomplished research of the economic sourcing and procurement practices all through sixty-eight development provide channels throughout seven significant commodity sectors in any respect degrees. London offers real-world case experiences to combine conception and perform to explain the industrial structural and behavioural features of sectors quintessential to the development functionality.
- Construction Business Management: What Every Construction Contractor, Builder and Subcontractor Needs to Know (RSMeans)
- Surface and Underground Excavations, 2nd Edition: Methods, Techniques and Equipment
- Inspections and Reports on Dwellings: Reporting for Buyers: Volume 3
- Alkali-Activated Cements and Concretes
- Structural Renovation in Concrete
Additional info for Building Decorative Materials (Woodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering)
Building Decorative Materials (Woodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering) by Yan Li,Shuxia Ren