By Keenan A. Pituch,James P. Stevens
Now in its 6th version, the authoritative textbook Applied Multivariate information for the Social Sciences, keeps to supply complex scholars with a realistic and conceptual realizing of statistical approaches via examples and data-sets from real study experiences. With the further services of co-author Keenan Pituch (University of Texas-Austin), this 6th version keeps many key beneficial properties of the former versions, together with its breadth and intensity of insurance, a assessment bankruptcy on matrix algebra, utilized assurance of MANOVA, and emphasis on statistical strength. during this re-creation, the authors proceed to supply sensible instructions for checking the knowledge, assessing assumptions, analyzing, and reporting the consequences to aid scholars learn info from their very own examine hopefully and professionally.
Features new to this version include:
- NEW bankruptcy on Logistic Regression (Ch. eleven) that is helping readers comprehend and use this very versatile and known approach
- NEW bankruptcy on Multivariate Multilevel Modeling (Ch. 14) that is helping readers comprehend some great benefits of this "newer" method and the way it may be utilized in traditional and multilevel settings
- NEW instance effects part write-ups that illustrate how effects will be provided in study papers and magazine articles
- NEW assurance of lacking facts (Ch. 1) to assist scholars comprehend and deal with difficulties linked to incomplete data
- Completely re-written chapters on Exploratory issue research (Ch. 9), Hierarchical Linear Modeling (Ch. 13), and Structural Equation Modeling (Ch. sixteen) with elevated specialize in knowing types and studying results
- NEW research summaries, inclusion of extra syntax factors, and?reduction within the variety of SPSS/SAS discussion bins to lead scholars via facts research in a extra streamlined and direct method
- Updated syntax to mirror most up-to-date models of IBM SPSS (21) /SAS (9.3)
- A unfastened on-line assets web site at www.routledge.com/9780415836661 with information units and syntax from the textual content, extra information units, and instructor’s assets (including PowerPoint lecture slides for decide on chapters, a conversion consultant for fifth version adopters, and solutions to exercises).
Ideal for complicated graduate-level classes in schooling, psychology, and different social sciences within which multivariate records, complex facts, or quantitative thoughts classes are taught, this e-book additionally appeals to practising researchers as a useful reference. Pre-requisites comprise a direction on factorial ANOVA and covariance; despite the fact that, a operating wisdom of matrix algebra isn't really assumed.
Read or Download Applied Multivariate Statistics for the Social Sciences: Analyses with SAS and IBM’s SPSS, Sixth Edition PDF
Similar social sciences statistics books
This article brings jointly very important rules at the model-based method of pattern survey, which has been built over the past 20 years. compatible for graduate scholars statisticians, it strikes from easy rules basic to sampling to extra rigorous mathematical modelling and knowledge research and comprises workouts and options.
This publication covers utilized data for the social sciences with upper-level undergraduate scholars in brain. The chapters are in line with lecture notes from an introductory records path the writer has taught for a couple of years. The e-book integrates records into the examine technique, with early chapters overlaying uncomplicated philosophical matters underpinning the method of medical study.
The aim of this e-book is to introduce, talk about, illustrate, and review the colourful palette of analytical strategies that may be utilized to the research of family survey info, with an emphasis at the options of the prior decade or so. lots of the chapters commence by means of introducing a methodological or coverage challenge, to encourage the next dialogue of proper tools.
Making feel of activities functionality info could be a not easy job yet is however an important a part of functionality research investigations. concentrating on innovations utilized in the research of game functionality, this e-book introduces the elemental rules of information research, explores crucial instruments utilized in facts research, and provides tips at the presentation of effects.
- Excel 2007 for Educational and Psychological Statistics: A Guide to Solving Practical Problems
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing, Mathematics and Statistics (iCMS 2015): Bridging Research Endeavors
- Experimental Design: Procedures for the Behavioral Sciences
- Advances in Statistical Models for Data Analysis (Studies in Classification, Data Analysis, and Knowledge Organization)
Extra resources for Applied Multivariate Statistics for the Social Sciences: Analyses with SAS and IBM’s SPSS, Sixth Edition
Applied Multivariate Statistics for the Social Sciences: Analyses with SAS and IBM’s SPSS, Sixth Edition by Keenan A. Pituch,James P. Stevens