By Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby
A specialise in Fractions is a groundbreaking attempt to make the maths schooling study on how scholars boost their realizing of fraction techniques effectively obtainable and comprehensible to pre- and in-service okay– eight arithmetic educators. utilizing broad annotated samples of scholar paintings, in addition to vignettes attribute of lecture room lecturers’ reviews, this booklet equips educators with the information and instruments to reveal students’ pondering for you to alter their educating and enhance pupil studying of fraction innovations. A specialise in Fractions 2d edition contains sections at the universal center kingdom criteria for arithmetic and the Ongoing overview venture (OGAP) Fraction Framework built-in into each one bankruptcy as good as a brand new bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression and the way it may be used for formative evaluation reasons. This up to date version assists academics in translating learn findings into their school room perform through conveying designated information regarding how scholars advance fraction understandings. extra photos and examples serve to flesh out and complement the newly-introduced suggestions during this up-to-date and elevated variation.
- Looking again Questions at the tip of every bankruptcy supply lecturers the chance to investigate scholar considering and examine educational recommendations for his or her personal students.
- Instructional Links support lecturers relate ideas from the bankruptcy to their very own recommendations and courses.
- Big Ideas body the chapters and supply a platform for significant exploration of the educating of fractions.
- Answer Key published on-line deals huge motives of in-chapter questions.
- New sections dedicated to the CCSSM and OGAP Fraction Progression are woven in the course of the publication in addition to a brand new stand on my own bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression.
- The OGAP Fraction Framework is an all-new eResource, now to be had as a unfastened obtain from the book’s site: www.routledge.com/9781138816442.
Read or Download A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) PDF
Similar primary education books
Universal center country criteria for Grades 4-5: Language Arts educational techniques and actions is designed to aid lecturers train center criteria utilizing research-based, potent tutorial concepts together with ready-to-use actions. those innovations contain picking out similarities and alterations, writing summaries and taking notes, developing non-linguistic representations, and proposals for homework and perform.
This new version of the most well-liked trouble-free social experiences equipment textual content out there homes a wealth of content material, techniques, instruments, and assets for educating K–8 social reports. Writing with an identical readability, pleasant tone, and strong content material of earlier versions, Parker information the challenge of social reviews schooling and explores the numerous methods this challenge could be made to serve the entire supplement of newbies in a various multicultural society.
Grounded in conception and best-practices learn, this useful textual content presents academics with forty options for utilizing fiction and non-fiction alternate books to educate in 5 key content material components: language arts and examining, social experiences, arithmetic, technological know-how, and the humanities. each one procedure offers every thing a instructor must start: a school room instance that versions the tactic, a research-based reason, suitable content material criteria, prompt books, reader-response questions and activates, evaluate rules, examples of ways to conform the tactic for various grade degrees (K–2, 3–5, and 6–8), and concepts for differentiating guide for English language newbies and suffering scholars.
It is a kid's job e-book the place you could come in addition to Mr. Frog and the Smileys the place there'll be enjoyable issues that you should do.
- Best Practices for Elementary Classrooms: What Award-Winning Teachers Do
- Elementary Classroom Teachers as Movement Educators, 4th edition
- Inspiring Elementary Learners: Nurturing the Whole Child in a Differentiated Classroom
- University Teaching: An Introductory Guide
Extra resources for A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) by Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby